Multi sport Court:
The hall has a multi sport court with facilities available for: tennis, netball / basketball and five-a-side goals for football. It should be made clear that the rules for using the court (see below) state: “Football is limited to the younger age group (under 8) using a soft ball only.”
If you wish to join or use the facilities then please complete the Application/Membership form (see below) and post with remittance to the Membership Secretary. Links to the Membership Form and ‘Rules for Use’ of the Facility are below.
The court is ‘home’ to the parish’s tennis club with members of all ages and across the spectrum of experience. New members are very welcome. The court is a true ‘all weather’ surface and can be used in daylight hours right through the year.
To join please contact the secretary by email or contact Kath Dahill on 01829 733201
UTKINTON MULTI SPORTS FACILITY – RULES
THESE RULES ARE PROVIDED TO ENSURE THE SAFETY AND ENJOYMENT FOR ALL USING THE FACILITY.
PLEASE ABIDE BY THEM AT ALL TIMES
- Any person using the multi sports facility must be a member of the Club. The annual fee (£25.00 per family) becomes payable by 30th June each year.
- A member may bring a visitor to play at the courts and the visitor fee is £2.00. This must be placed in a sealed envelope stating ‘visitor fee’ for multi sports facility and dropped off at Bramble Bank, John Street, Utkinton.
- Any person using the facility who is not a member and has not paid a visitor fee may be asked to leave.
- Members will be issued with the code for the combination lock on the court area on receipt of their membership fee. Members must not disclose this number to non-members and must ensure that the gate to the court is securely locked when they leave the premises.
- Any member found to be disruptive or causing any type of damage will have to pay for any damage caused, and will have their membership revoked and no refund will be given.
- The court may be used between 9am until dusk (no later than 9pm 1st April- 30th September and no later than 6pm 1st October- 31st March).
- There may be club/coaching sessions on some evenings/days which will have priority for the use on the court and these will be listed on the website (utkintonandcotebrook.com ).
- During recreational play (not a club) play must be limited to 30 minutes if another member is waiting to play. However, if no one is waiting to play, then those on the court may play on but must give up the court if a member arrives to play.
- Children under 12 must be supervised by someone over 16 years of age at all times.
- No glass bottles or food are to be taken onto the court area and all rubbish must be removed not left on court or in surrounding area.
- Only sports footwear is to be worn on the court area.
- NO DOGS ALLOWED – AND DROPPINGS TO BE BAGGED AND PLACED INTO THE BIN PROVIDED – THIS APPLIES TO THE AREA AROUND THE COURT AND THE CAR PARK.
- No bikes, skateboards, roller blades or scooters are allowed on the court area.
- If a ball goes into any neighbouring gardens, permission must be asked from the householder to retrieve the ball. Balls may be retrieved from the surrounding fields.
The court area is set up for tennis, if the netball, basketball or football posts are required they may be pulled into position but must be stored back against the netting when not in use. The netball posts must be attached to the outer corners of the netting and the football posts must be folded flat and fixed to the back netting. The court may be enlarged by removing the tennis net and posts carefully but the net and posts must be repositioned before leaving the court.
- The fencing surrounding the court area will not withstand a hard ball and anyone using a hard ball will be asked to leave the facility.
- Football is permitted for players of Primary School age, or younger, and must be limited to using a soft ball only.
- When using the court area please ensure the gate is closed to prevent any injuries.
- The Village Hall Committee reserves the right to alter or add to these rules to ensure the safety of the members and or equipment.
Village Hall Committee March 2020