Our hall reaches the venerable age of 100 next year and we aim to celebrate that in style.
Originally donated by CAPTAIN THE HONOURABLE HENRY ROBERT BAILEE-HAMILTON-ARDEN of Arderne Hall, Eaton near Tarporley THE REVEREND CANON WALTER OCTAVIUS MARSH HUGHES of the Rectory Tarporley and REBECCA TOWNSHEND PRESTWICH wife of Richard Henry Prestwich of Tirley Garth, Willington , the Hall was a wooden structure and was gifted to Utkinton Women’s Institute in April 1922.
It stood in a relatively small plot adjacent to the ‘Reading Room’ and a small grass plot that subsequently became a grass Tennis Court (which is where our multi-sport court stands today). Over the years it has been renovated and updated and, if we can find any, we will publish some old photos.
Overall the space available for inside activities at Utkinton Village Hall equates to 145.53 sq m (1570 sq ft). From the diagram it can be seen that the hall has three (discrete) loos, one with baby-changing facilities and all with sinks and hot/cold water.
The kitchen has adequate cupboard and worktop space (with more than enough crockery, cuttlery and glasswares and its facilities include:
Gas hot-water boiler
Oven and hob
Electric sink water heater
Electric tea urn and kettle
First aid box and fire extinguisher
Cleaning equipment is stored in the ‘gents’ loo
SF Fibre Broad
It has three, gas-fired, space heaters
Overall there are c.70 stackable chairs, 8×1.8m tables, 3x 1m tables and two smaller tables.
The floor was completely refurbished using engineered / laminated oak in 1999/2000